Become a contributor!

This button doesn't work at all, but you're welcome to press it. And to contact me (Dustin), should you wish to become a contributor.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Vichyssoise!

Let me start by saying that I am not a fan of vichyssoise or gazpacho. It's not that I don't like soup--I love it, actually--but rather that I believe soup should be hot. However, a few weeks ago, I came upon this recipe during an oppressively hot week, and as I had tofu that needed to be used, I decided to give this a go.

Right now you're probably wondering why on earth tofu would be relevant, and thinking that this recipe is probably too weird for you to try.

However, it was amazing.

Ingredients (serves 2)
1/2 (pack? block?) silken tofu
1/2 onion
1/2 cup milk
1 consommé cube OR 1 tsp powdered consommé
salt
pepper
parsley
  1. Thinly slice onions, and place them in a pot with water and consommé. Cook until onions are translucent.
  2. Let ➀ cool to room temperature, then combine it and tofu in a blender. Mix until smooth, then add milk.
  3. Salt and pepper to taste, then chill in refrigerator* and garnish with parsley before serving.


*I actually had this soup while still sort of warm and the rest after it had been chilled. Both are very good, so you don't necessarily have to wait...

2 comments:

  1. I'm also kind of weirded out by cold soup; it's ok, but it tastes better hot...
    This looks intruiging. I also have a recipe for pudding that also uses tofu...

    ReplyDelete